1. Prof P. P. Chottopadhyay received the MSRI Medal in 2015, for his research contribution in Materials Science and Engg.
2. Prof. Partha Bhattacharyya received Young Scientist Award 2016 from Institute of Smart Structures and Systems (ISSS).
3. Prof. Partha Bhattacharyya also received Material Research Society of India (MRSI) medal, 2017.
4. Prof. Amitabha Basu Mallik of Met & Mat Engg has been awarded prestigious INSA Teachers Award,2016.
1. Best oral paper Award for the paper “Modulation of Alcohol Sensing Performance of Anodically Grown TiO2 Nanotube Array by a Novel Stoichiometry Variation Technique” authored by Arnab Hazra, Partha Bhattacharyya, Young Scientist Colloquium-2014, Organized by Materials Research Society of India (Kolkata chapter), 12th September, 2014, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India.
2. Best student research paper award for the paper “Effect of Anodizing medium on the Morphology and Photoluminescent Property of Porous Alumina Flim” Sri Subhranshu Chatterje, Research Scholar in the 3rd Annual International Conference on Materials Science, Metal & Manufacturing (M3 2015), Singapore held on 18th January 2016.
3. Sri Basanta Bhowmik and Sri Debjanjan Acharya of COE TEQIP II secured CSIR – Senior Research Fellowship with effect from 01.10.2015.
4. Sri Koushik Dutta was awarded 1st position at the event of Research Scholars Colloquium-2016, for the paper "An Approach towards Superior BTX Sensor by Controlled Rupturing of TiO2 NanotubeAuthored" authored by K. Dutta, P. P. Chattopadhyay, P. Bhattacharyya organized by Research Scholars Forum, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah, India on 23-24 August 2016.